- General Information
- If you have to cancel your vacation rental, the following clause from your lease applies: “Upon initial payment and the signing of the lease contract, should it become impossible for you to occupy the property, due to unforeseen circumstances, and no fault of the owner, the amount paid shall be retained by the owner as liquidated damages. You are responsible to pay for the balance due for the entire lease period. Upon notification of default, this Agency, and the Owner, will work to re-rent the property, and any money received through re-renting will be returned to you, but subject to, and no more than the original lease amount.”
- If the property is not re-rented you are responsible for the entire rental amount excluding tax and security deposit.
- Owners may make exceptions to the above and allow full or partial cancellation.
- Quiet Use and Enjoyment
- MDI Vacation Homes does not guarantee quiet use or enjoyment of the property due to noise from other persons, construction, maintenance etc. from neighboring properties and will not grant a rebate for circumstances originating outside the property.
- Smoking, Pets and Occupancy Limits
- Smoking is not permitted inside the rental properties. Pets are allowed only by special permission from the owner and only if agreed to in a fully executed lease. If pets are allowed, the number of allowed pets agreed to in the lease may not be exceeded. Maximum occupancy is set by the property owner and agreed to by the tenant in the signed lease. This limit may be not exceeded. All tenants agree that at the owner's discretion, all or a portion of the the security deposit may be forfeited without recourse if any or all of these terms are violated.
We look forward to working with you to secure the best possible accommodation for a wonderful vacation on Mount Desert Island. We represent the owners of the rental properties and have a fiduciary duty to them. While every effort is made to ensure that the above information is accurate, and that the information pertaining to the properties we represent is accurate and current, property features, prices and availability are subject to change without notice. We strongly recommend that tenants make a personal inspection of any property prior to signing any lease.